Immanuel Woden Lutheran is committed to providing a safe church environment for children and young people.
We acknowledge that children are a precious gift from God, with special vulnerabilities, that they require nourishment and nurture in their spiritual development and that they are to be protected from all forms of abuse.
We also affirm a zero tolerance for child abuse and that all members have an important responsibility to care for children and to keep them safe. The way we care for children reflects our genuineness of faith. It is also a reflection of God's love and his divine protection.
We are committed to maintaining the following standards:
- Our culture, leadership and governance are child safe;
- We value, respect and listen to children;
- We include families;
- We respect and welcome children with diverse needs;
- Our people are safe, supported and informed;
- Our complaints system is child-focused;
- Our people understand child safety;
- Our risk management has a child safety focus;
- We regularly review our child safety progress; and
- Our policies and procedures are child safe.
Safe Church Training
Demonstrating Gods love for us, by the way we behave towards one another, is central to life in our church. Safe Church training is part of the Lutheran Church of Australia's (LCA) commitment to reflect God's love through the way we treat each other and those who come into contact with our church. Those involved in ministry teams and leadership positions at Immanuel Woden Valley are required to complete Safe Church training. Other interested members of the congregation are also encouraged to complete the training.
Contact the Church Office for more information.