With restrictions easing in the ACT, we will be looking to return to in-person worship on Sunday 31st October. You can view the latest update from our Board of Leadership (BoL) here on returning to Worship and gatherings here at Immanuel.
There’s information about what’s happening at Immanuel below, but first…
The restrictions mean a change in routine and disruption. It’s important for all of us to be reminded that God loves us unconditionally: God does not value you more or less depending on how well you handle lockdown. Whether you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed, anxious, or relaxed at the chance to stay home, nothing can separate you from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:39).
Gathering for Worship
This Sunday we’ll gather in our homes to worship together via Livestream as we did last year. The livestream will begin at 10am AEST, and you can access it via Immanuel’s YouTube page or at woden.lutheran.org.au/livestream. There’ll be hymns and songs, an interactive kid’s time, prayers and a message.
In person worship will resume on the 31st October.
Reminders of God’s love
In this time of disruption, you might find it helpful to build some patterns into your day to be reminded of God’s love. You could:
- Just breathe. Take 5 or 10 minutes to pray and be with God at the beginning and end of the day.
- Be reminded of God’s promises in scripture. You could pray through Psalm 40, Psalm 121, or Psalm 139, or you could reflect on Jesus’ words in Matthew 11:28-30 or God’s promise in Romans 8:31-39.
- Put a piece of paper on your desk or kitchen table and write down things you are thankful for. You can add to this throughout the day, and spend some time with your family or by yourself thanking God for his good gifts.
- Put a piece of paper on your desk or kitchen table and write down things you are anxious, upset or frustrated about. Remember that it’s okay to grieve; bring those feelings before the God who cares deeply about you. You can add to this list throughout the day, and pray for these things as well. At the end of the day, you might tear this list up and put it in the bin to symbolise that you don’t need to be trapped by those feelings.
- The LCA has more faith at home material for families available here.
If you need pastoral support, or just want to talk to someone you’re welcome to contact Pastor Tim (0490 765 061 – not on Fridays) or Jacob (0416 708 470 – not on Wednesdays). And if you or someone you know is not coping with mental health, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 (more mental health resources can be found here).
One of the joys of being God’s church at a time like this is that we are able to remind others around us of God’s love. You might check in on a neighbour or friend to see how they’re doing, especially if they live alone. You could offer to pray for them, or do grocery shopping for someone who’s vulnerable.
Other events at Immanuel
With restrictions easing some events at Immanuel will be starting up again soon:
- Living Faith in Canberra – session 3 postponed (details TBC)
- Candle Light Prayer Service – resuming Sunday 21 November
- Blokes’ Breakfast (Wednesday 6.30am) – Now meeting online.
- Thursday Morning Fellowship – resuming Thursday 21 October
- Ladies Night Out – postponed (details TBC)
- Garage Sale – postponed (details TBC)
The office has now reopened from the 18th October. You can contact the office at email@example.com.
The latest update from our Board of Leadership on restrictions easing for returning to in-person gatherings can be found here.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.