On 2 December the ACT Government announced changes to restrictions on gathering sizes. Venues which are using the Check In CBR app are now permitted to have one person per two square metres in indoor and outdoor spaces. This means that at Immanuel we can now have 80 people inside our worship centre, in addition to people sitting outside (if required).
Registration is no longer necessary for in-person worship. Instead please download and use the Check In CBR app and follow the ushers’ instructions on Sunday.
Other key points
- There will be services at 9am (traditional) and 10.30am (contemporary) as would usually occur. You should expect things to feel a little different to how they did before the lockdown though.
- The livestream will continue for those who need it – at this stage only the 10.30am service will be livestreamed. The Board of Leadership has carefully considered privacy: only those who are leading the service will appear on camera.
- We continue to celebrate Holy Communion on Sundays at both service times.
- Official ACT Government advice discourages singing. The Board of Leadership ask that if you wish to sing, you wear your own (properly fitted) face mask to minimise the spread of aerosols.
- The current version of Immanuel’s COVID safety plan can be viewed here.